WELCOME TO 8TH GRADE ENGLISH!
Over the course of this year, we will become more efficient readers and writers by engaging in activities that will be challenging and interesting.
- Be on time to class, focused, and ready to participate.
- Respect yourself, your teacher, classmates, and property. Behavior modifications range from verbal warnings and detentions, to parent contact and administration action.
- Take an active role in your education; ask questions, seek extra help, utilize Home Access Center and the homework websites.
- Be prepared with your English binder, Assignment Pad, and writing utensil.
- Homework should be on your desk ready to be checked.
- Begin working on the Do Now (even if the late bell has not rung).
- Do not pack up at the end of class until instructed to do so.
- Remain in your seat until dismissed (regardless of whether the bell has rung or not).
- If you are absent please make sure to retrieve all handouts from the folders on the front board.
- You will be graded according to the board-approved policy for WAMS.
- Homework assignments will be worth 5-10 points.
- Other assignments (essays, projects, tests, etc.) will be scored at varying amounts (20-100 points), many through the use of rubrics and criteria sheets.
- Late assignments will receive reduced credit.
Online text login:
1. Click on link to online text (it's over there to the left!)
2. Username: wams82
3. Password: viking2014
STEINBECK A&E BIOGRAPHY: