WELCOME TO 6th GRADE GOLD TEAM LANGUAGE ARTS CLASS!
Gold Team Leader
Tuck Chapters 12-End of novel Review
Blanford Quiz Review
We just finished reading Tuck Everlasting! It is a complex and thought provoking novel! Please be sure to discuss it with your child. We will be working on the final compare/contrast essay in class for the next week. We will be taking a look at the characters' motives and actions. Later in the month, we will begin our literature circle unit with novels by Carl Hiaasen. This unit will consist of both independent and cooperative work.
Please brign the following items to class with you:
1 inch binder (it is also ok to make a LA section in a bigger multi-class binder if that works better for you)
Post it notes (3x3 tend to work best)
Colored pens to edit writing
One 2 pocket folder (any color)
1. BE RESPONSIBLE for bringing the following items to class with you everyday!
2. ARRIVE ON TIME! I expect you to be in your seat and ready to go when the bell rings. There will be a "Do Now " on the board for you to work on at the start of each class to help get you focused for the day.
3. RESPECT OTHERS:
* Do not speak while others are speaking
* Raise your hand and wait to be called on
* Do not invade anyone's space
* Be respectful of others at all times
4. PARTICIPATE & WORK HARD:
* Participation in LA class is essential (and part of your grade!)
* Come to class ready to learn and share ideas
* Always put forth your best effort
1. DO NOW & HOMEWORK
* The "Do Now" will be written on the board at the beginning of the period. Quietly work on your
* Homework assignments must be copied into your agenda as soon as you enter the
classroom each day.
2. LATE WORK:
* Late work is better than no work; however, points will be deducted
* If you are absent, check the website homework link. You will have one additional day for each
day that you are out to complete your work.
3. GRADING POLICY:
* Tests & Essays 100-150 pts
* Quizzes 20-40 pts
* Homework & other writing activities 5-20 pts
* Participation and in-class activities will be evaluated and reflected in your grades
Failure to meet expectations will result in the following:
* Parent Contact
* Administrative Action
Again, I look forward to a wonderful year together. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.