WELCOME TO 6th GRADE GOLD TEAM LANGUAGE ARTS CLASS!
Gold Team Leader
Please bring in headphones for PARCC Wed 4/5 & Thurs 4/6
We begin this month with a slightly altered schedule and PARCC testing. During testing, students will be working on a final group project from our Hiassen lit circle unit. Once this is completed, they will be writing a recommendation letter for a character in the Hiassen novel. Finally, later in month, we will be preparing to read the novel View From Saturday.
Please brign the following items to class with you:
1 inch binder (it is also ok to make a LA section in a bigger multi-class binder if that works better for you)
Post it notes (3x3 tend to work best)
Colored pens to edit writing
One 2 pocket folder (any color)
1. BE RESPONSIBLE for bringing the following items to class with you everyday!
2. ARRIVE ON TIME! I expect you to be in your seat and ready to go when the bell rings. There will be a "Do Now " on the board for you to work on at the start of each class to help get you focused for the day.
3. RESPECT OTHERS:
* Do not speak while others are speaking
* Raise your hand and wait to be called on
* Do not invade anyone's space
* Be respectful of others at all times
4. PARTICIPATE & WORK HARD:
* Participation in LA class is essential (and part of your grade!)
* Come to class ready to learn and share ideas
* Always put forth your best effort
1. DO NOW & HOMEWORK
* The "Do Now" will be written on the board at the beginning of the period. Quietly work on your
* Homework assignments must be copied into your agenda as soon as you enter the
classroom each day.
2. LATE WORK:
* Late work is better than no work; however, points will be deducted
* If you are absent, check the website homework link. You will have one additional day for each
day that you are out to complete your work.
3. GRADING POLICY:
* Tests & Essays 100-150 pts
* Quizzes 20-40 pts
* Homework & other writing activities 5-20 pts
* Participation and in-class activities will be evaluated and reflected in your grades
Failure to meet expectations will result in the following:
* Parent Contact
* Administrative Action
Again, I look forward to a wonderful year together. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.