Mrs. Diane Fisher
English 8 Supplies List and Class Policies
Required Daily Class Supplies
You will need a three-ring binder with three dividers ordered as follows:
1. Course Materials
2. Unit Materials
3. Grammar and Vocabulary
Two black or blue pens School planner
One red or green pen (for editing) Wite-Out®
Two sharpened pencils with erasers Post-it® Notes (for annotating books)
Each assignment will be evaluated via a criteria sheet or a rubric. Point values will reflect the depth and significance of the assignment.
A student’s English grade for each marking period will be determined by dividing the total points earned by the total points assigned. For example, a student who earns 255 out of a possible 300 points will average 85 and receive a grade of “B.”
1. All assignments will be clearly written displayed in the classroom and posted on the class website
2. Completed assignments must be handed in at the start of class on the due date.
3. Late assignments may be penalized ten percent of the grade per day
4. Students will receive a “0” for assignments that are not submitted.
5. In the case of absence from school or from class, work must be made up in accord with the district
6. In the case of emergency, the teacher may amend or waive the Assignment Policy.
I am available to assist students before and after school. Students should let me know that they need help and we will arrange a specific time and place to meet.
1. Enter the room courteously and be in your seat prepared
to work when the bell rings.
2. At all times, show respect to your classmates, your
teachers, and yourself.
3. The teacher dismisses the class.