This year, first grade is departmentalized, which means that all first grade students will be switching classes throughout the day. I will be teaching all first grade students Math and Social Living, Mrs. Jessica will be teaching all of first grade ELA, and Mrs. Danelle will have them all for PE.
The following are some things to keep in mind throughout the year:
* Please remember to check your child's booksack to see what may be in their green communicator folder every afternoon after school. Keep the items in the "keep at home" section, but review and return the items in the "return to school" section and initial the behavior calendar.
* Completed papers will be sent home (almost) daily to review for tests.
* A newsletter will go home every Monday with class objectives and important dates, as well as homework practice pages.
* Graded classwork and test papers will go home on Wednesdays in a blue folder to keep at home (please return the blue folder the next day). Teachers are required to keep any unit or benchmark tests here at school, but we will have all grades posted in Powerschool.
* If your child is cold natured, please send a light jacket or sweater to school with their name clearly labeled on the inside. We are not responsible for lost items.
***If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me here at school, email ([email protected]), or write a note sent to school in the green folder.