ELA/ Social Studies
It's almost that time!!! As we approach the end of the year, a few things to remember...
- Packets are due completed by Friday morning 8 a.m
- Fluency is due (signed, questions answered) by Friday morning 8 a.m
- DLR is turned in Friday morning by 8 a.m.
- Political Cartoons/Current Events are still being done AND are DUE every Wednesday by 8 a.m.
Also, next week is testing for 4th grade...please help your children be as successful as they can by...
- helping them get enough rest
- eat a good breakfast/get to school on time to have breakfast
- pack a small sweater or jacket in case the room is cold
- WEAR their glasses (if applicable)
- As we wrap up this 4th grade journey we will be doing more fun and creative activities to review all of the wonderful things we have learned this year. Please check your child's planner daily for updates. We will be completing a YOU BE THE TEACHER project in the last few weeks of school. I will send home the directions, please approve your childs lesson choice and materials list, as you will need to provide enough materials for the class.
Thank you for all that you do to help me help your child!!!
****AR points...each grading period the students are required to earn 10 points in AR. This gets added to their report card grade as a 100 point grade. Many students are not doing what is required and are facing a shortage of points. We are giving them time in class to both read and test, as well as recess and Library. Please encourage your child to participate in this...it can make a huge difference in their overall success.
ATTENTION: In order to prepare the students for the Social Studies Units...we will be analyzing Political Cartoons and current event articles. We will alternate the weeks (see calendar)...this week is Political Cartoon analysis and next week we will be working on Summarizing a Current Event article. Please help your child find these in the local newspaper...Political Cartoons can also be searched through Google.
Please feel free to email me @firstname.lastname@example.org