MINNIE RUFFIN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
OFFICE OF THE GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
GUIDANCE MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the School Counseling Program at Minnie Ruffin Elementary is to support the school community by developing and integrating a comprehensive guidance program that will assist students in academic, career and personal/social programs. This will allow children to develop a positive sense of self and become effective students, responsible citizens and lifelong learners.
1) A high level of competence in all academic skills
2) A love of and a commitment to the learning process
3) Positive self-esteem by encouraging children to become self-motivating and active participants in the learning process
4) Highly motivated, self-disciplined students
5) Technology skills for academic and personal achievement
- All children are valuable and deserve respect.
- All children can be taught appropriate behaviors and can learn and grow to reach their full potential, if given the right environment.
- All children learn best when they feel good about themselves and their relationships with others.
- All students should have equal access to counseling & guidance services.
- The School Counselor is a resource and an advocate for all students, staff, parents and the community.
- A School Guidance program should be comprehensive in scope, developmental in nature and preventative in design.
- A School Guidance program should be intentional and include academic, career and personal/social components.
- Positive relationships between students and adults are the key to student success
Listed below are links that will take you to all kinds of interactive Math and Reading websites for your children to build skills, play games, and take practice tests. It's as easy as 1-2-3! These sites are wonderful. I have checked them out personally and encourage you to allow your child at least 15-30 minutes each evening on the computer to reinforce their Math and Comprehension skills.
1. Just copy the URL you wish to visit.
2. Paste URL into your internet browser.
3. Hit enter and you're on your way.
Hope these help! If there is anything more that you need to help your child achieve success in Math or Reading, please let me know. I will be happy to help and I am never more than a phone call away. I wish you all a great and wonderful year of academic growth.
Mrs. Elaine Denise Poullard-Edward
318-322-3447 ext. 4616