Applied Music: Piano
I would like to welcome you to Applied Music Piano. This course will focus on music fundamentals and piano techniques. Your daily class will consist of learning proper playing techniques, theory, sight-reading, and practicing. Grades will be taking from weekly written quizzes, techniques, attendances and performances. I would also like to give you advance notice; there will be a concert at the end of both semesters featuring ALL students.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me during my planning period. I look forward to working with you. Let’s have an exciting and productive school year.
Rules and Guidelines
1. Enter the room quietly and prepare for class.
*2. Food, drinks, and gum are not allowed inside the classroom. (-5)
*3. Cell phone usage and vile language will not be tolerated at any time. (-10)
4. Respect those in authority and your classmates.
5. You are not to move about without permission.
6. Required materials must be brought to class daily.
7. No student is allowed to have long nails. They must be kept short.
2. Student/Parent Conference
*Part of daily participation grade.
Five points deducted from tardies. Tardies will be enforced.
Ten points deducted from unexcused absentees.