Teaching your child is a tremendous responsibility and I will do my best to ensure that each student has a safe and motivating learning experience in this upcoming year. However I cannot do this without the help of you, the parents. We are partners in the learning process.
Establishing good classroom discipline is essential to each child’s success, confidence and well-being. Every child should feel that the classroom environment is safe and secure; free from all threats of physical or emotional harm. In addition, it is important that each child learn to develop self-discipline and good work habits, to resolve conflicts peacefully, and to think independently.
I expect the students to:
1. I will send home progress reports every Thursday.
2. Your child has 9 weeks to meet their Accelerated Reader goal. They must score a minimum average of 90% and meet their individual goal each 9 weeks. They must check out, read, and test on books which are on their reading level.
3. All students at Thomas Jefferson were given folders/planners at the beginning of the year which should stay inside of their binders. Please check inside them nightly for homework assignments. We want your child to be successful!
4. Please review your child's homework Monday through Thursday.
5. Please check their backpacks for homework and notes.
Our Mission Statement
The faculty and staff of Thomas Jefferson Upper Elementary pledge to provide learning opportunities that will prepare all students to become successful learners.
Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible. ---St. Francis
Success isn't measured by the position you reach in life, it's measured by the obstacles you overcome -- Booker T. Washington