~Welcome to our class!!~
I am so excited to have you all in my class! I know this year is going to be very different from past years, but I am confident, through communication and collaboration, it will be a SUCCESS!! Always feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you might have. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please become familiar with my website. You will be able to find newsletters, Chromebook and website login instructions, and other helpful links here throughout the year. Make sure to review everything on my homepage as there are important links, including links on Canvas, the platform students will be using this year.
Week at a Glance for March 1-5
In case you were unable to attend Curriculum Night last night, or if you would like to see the PowerPoint again, I have it linked below. Please view it at your convenience.
Curriculum Night PowerPoint:
- March 2- Picture Day for A-day Students
- March 3- Picture Day for Full Remote Academy Students
- March 4- Picture Day for B-Day Students
- March 12- Teacher Work Day
Please help your child practice taking pictures for their work, and working with split screen. These will be features they will need at points during lessons. Below are links for different sites to help practice.
Open House Video
Below you will find both a Zoom file and YouTube link for the open house recording. The YouTube video is unlisted, so it can only be accessed through this link. I added it as well incase the Zoom file did not want to download for someone.
Sharon School News: Technology Support from Mr. Jennings:
Please refer to this document for additional information to help you with your devices.
Login in support:
Kristin Lance is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Open House
Time: Aug 14, 2020 02:15 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 811 0325 3803
- We want to make sure you know that from August 17th to August 31st, you can pick up breakfast and lunch daily from one of 40 schools (List of schools). The list of schools will also be posted on CMS’ website soon.
- After those first two weeks, CMS will start it’s “CMS Eats at Home” program. Beginning September 1st, CMS will offer meal bundles of 5 breakfasts & 5 lunches for students. These bundles can be picked up or delivered to your bus stop once a week.
- Starting August 11th, you would go to https://www.paypams.com to sign up to receive meal bundles of 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches for each of your students. Starting September 1st, the meal bundles will be available for pick up or delivery to your bus stop once each week based on your students’ an assigned schedule, but you will have to order in advance for either pick up or delivery.
- If you don’t already have a PayPams account it is easy to set one up – just follow the instructions on the site. It can also be done on your smartphone.
- Lots more information about this program, including cost and CEP and free & reduced eligibility, can be found on CMS’ website at www.cms.k12.nc.us – don’t forget to sign up for meals for your students!)
Here is the link to the CMS Canvas page. It is public for parents to access:
Video for parents explaining how to setup the Canvas Parent App:
Google Doc Format of Instructions for Parents:
Important links for the year:
Eagle Eye Mail and Remind App
This video will help parents sign-up for Eagle Eye Mail (school email) and Sharon text messages if you have not already.