Hello, my name is Erika Pilato and I am continuing my journey as the school counselor at Essex Fells School helping all students reach their full potenial academically, socially and emotionally. This will be my 16th year as a school counselor and my 3rd year at EFS.
As the School Counselor, my goals are to:
* Promote a positive attitude among students towards self, family, peers and community.
* Teach social and emotional learning skills to all students such as self-awareness, social awareness, responsible decision making, self-management and relationship skills.
* Contribute to the growth of students' social and emotional development through individual and small group counseling.
* Develop and deliver lessons that teach character traits -- Empathy, Sportmanship, Respect, Trustworthiness, Courage, Kindness, Responsibility, Mindfulness, Gratitude and Perseverance.
* Support all classroom teachers and staff in teaching social and emotional learning skills.
* Help students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
* Provide crisis intervention.
* Help to create a safe and positive learning experience