Welcome students and parents/guardians! My name is Mr. Komack. This will be my second year at Fernwood Middle School within Egg Harbor Township School District. I am thrilled to be back in the classroom with everyone! This is one step closer to the normalcy we have all been waiting for! I want everyone to know that I am here for you all and want to see you succeed in my class. We will become critical thinkers, analyzers, intepreters and finally historians! We will cover the diverse backgrounds of Americans through the post Civil War era to present day.
I am available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and Google Voice number which recieves calls/texts at 609-415-0043. If contacted after school hours, I will get back to you as soon as the following day.
Google Classroom Class Codes-
Period 4: on2cy4g
Period 5: ortp3kn
- American History from the post-Reconstruction period through the 1970's.
During the year, students will investigate the following units:
- The Development of the Industrialized United States 1870-1920
- The Emergence of Modern America 1890-1930
- The Great Depression and World War II 1929-1950
- Post War United States 1945-1970's
- Writing and critical thinking will be utilized throughout the school year to help prepare students for ongoing education in future years.
Online Textbook Information-
- Tests, quizzes, projects = 70%
- Assignments & homework = 30 %