Hello! My name is Ms. Falvey.
I teach Academic English I during periods 1 & 4 in room 411, and I co-teach Academic English I in room 403 with Mrs. Ottinger during periods 2, 7, 8 & 9 at Kingsway Regional High School. Provided below is the syllabus for periods 1 and 4, and to the left-hand side, Mrs. Ottinger's website, some helpful English Language Arts links, and a homework/important events calendar are provided as well. Please note that Google Classroom is the most up-to-date place to go for upcoming assignments.
Ms. Falvey Room 411
2018-2019 School Year
How to reach me:
Phone: (856)-467-3300 x1539
Google Classroom code: Period 1: t7p8vpb / Period 4: ymp2ag
Welcome to 9th grade English!
I am looking forward to an exciting year of connecting, creating, and collaborating with each and every one of you! In order to form a productive classroom with a positive environment that maximizes our learning, there are a few things you must know first, like what you will need to bring to class on a daily basis, how you will be graded, and what to do in the case of an absence.
Here’s what you’ll need:
A binder or folder
A writing utensil
A positive attitude
- Tests/major projects/any assignment that demonstrates extended learning
- Quizzes/checkpoint assignments
What to expect:
The implementation of helpful reading and writing strategies
Group work, independent work, and collaborative class activities/discussions
Frequently Asked Questions
What if i’m absent?
- Visit the “Make-Up Work” log in our classroom when you arrive to class the next day you are present.
What if I submit an assignment late?
- Late assignments are not accepted; However, each student will receive one ‘late work’ pass per quarter (4 total) that allows them a one day extension for any assignment without penalty.
What if i plagiarize a submission?
- You will receive a zero on the assignment due to the English department’s strict zero-tolerance policy for plagiarism.
What if i need help?
- Email me, schedule an appointment with me during L1 on B days, and/or ask about the NHS peer tutoring that is offered at our school!
Can I use my cell phone in class?
- Unless otherwise instructed, cell phones must be away at all times in Ms. Falvey’s classroom.