COVID PLANS/CONTINUED LEARNING AT HOME:
1) iREADY Online Lessons:
Please continue to allow your child to access iREADY online for READING. If your child needs their username/password, please contact me through ClassDojo or Remind or you may email me.
2) GOOGLE CLASSROOM - Have your child log on to their google classroom. This is the same platform that we have used daily throughout the year for lessons and assignments for Reading, Social Studies, and Spelling. You can even have your student open up the assessments to "retake". This obviously would not be for a grade, but it could help the students to reread the articles, use strategies on paper to take the test again for added practice. Have your child practice the spelling words posted in the list and allow them to continue to practice spelling sight words.
3) Social Studies: -Log on to Louisiana Department of Education website and Search 5rd Grade Social Studies Scope and Sequence and find Practice Tests, and our curriculum. (If you need assistance, contact me.)
4) I have sent out links, websites, and additional supplemental material since March 16th through Remind, ClassDoJo, and Google Classroom for continued learning.
You may contact me at any time that you need. My normal working hours are 8AM -3PM M-F. However; should you need anything outside of these hours, please do not hesitate.
Welcome to 5th grade!!
I am excited to get to know you and am looking forward to happy a productive school year!
Your student will receive Tier 1 instruction in ELA using Guidebooks from LearnZillion and in Social Studies using Louisiana Believes from LDOE. Students will be exposed to and assesed on complex text on 5th grade level.
You are expected to:
1. Come to school prepared and ready to learn with all material
2. Treat one another with RESPECT using words and acts of kindness
3. Be polite and use positive/appropriate manners learned from home
4. Complete daily class assignments
5. Complete daily assigned homework
I will always accept YOUR very BEST!! Together WE can!!