Religion: focus of the week
-Chapter 17: The greatest gift of all
-Test Tuesday (3/19)
Chapter 17- Study Guide
- The special supper Jesus shared with his Apostles on the night before he died is called the Last Supper.
- Jesus took the bread and a cup of wine and blessed it. Jesus changed the bread and wine into his own Body and Blood. This was Jesus' greatest miracle
- Jesus gave the Apostles the power to change bread and wine into his Body and Blood.
- The Apostles passed this power to bishops and priests.
- The body and blood is Holy Communion.
- When we receive Holy Communion Jesus comes to live in us.
- When the priest offers Mass, he does what Jesus did at the Last Supper.