1. What time does school start?
- AM students begin at 9:00am, PM students begin at 12:30pm
- Students are not permitted in the classroom before 9:00 am/12:30 pm.
- Please note: It is the parent’s responsibility to inform daycare providers of our class times, early dismissals, collaboration days and holidays. See Preschool Calendar.
2. What time does school end?
- Class ends at 3:00 pm (New COVID time is 2pm)
- Please note: Any changes to the way your child normally goes home will also need to be submitted in writing before they occur.
3. What if my child is late for school?
- I understand that there may be instances when it is not possible to be here on time. However, please try to have your child at school on time so we can begin our day together.
- If your child is going to be late:
- Please notify transportation if your child rides the bus.
- Send me a quick email if you have time
- Bring your child to the front office and sign him/her in upon arrival to school.
- What is the best way to contact Ms. Hupp?
- If you would like to schedule a conference to discuss your child’s academic progress please feel free to call me at 609-737-4005 ext. 1055, email, or send a note.
- Email address: Rebeccahupp@hvrsd.org
- I am available after school from 3:00-3:30 Monday-Friday to schedule a meeting in person or take your calls. If this does not fit your schedule, we can discuss other dates and times that fit.
- All calls received during class time will go directly to voicemail; calls will be answered as soon as possible before / after school.
- Of course, you may send a note to school with your child at any time in his or her folder.
5. Will my child bring home a daily folder?
- Yes. Please check this folder nightly and remove items from the “Keep at Home” pocket and review items from the “Return to School” pocket.
6. Will my child have homework?
- The first week of each month a family project will be sent home. Each project will have complete directions and dates in which they are due. While Family Projects are not required, they are greatly encouraged.
7. Will my child bring home a daily behavior report?
- No, I will not be sending home a daily behavior report. If your child needs behavior interventions you will be contacted by telephone and a conference will be scheduled if necessary. If you have any concerns about behaviors, please discuss let me know.
8. How should I send money to school?
- There may be times during the school year when a note is sent home with your child to purchase certain items like books, fundraising items, or individual pictures. Please know that you are never obligated to send money to school for any of these purposes. Should you choose to send money to school for any reason it should only be sent to school in your child’s folder in a sealed envelope or Zip-lock bag and labeled with your child's name, grade, teacher's name, and the purpose for the money. Please do not send loose money to school for any reason.
9. When will progress reports be sent home?
- Progress reports will be sent home three times per year in your child’s folder.
10. What if my child is sick?
- If your child is sent to school sick or becomes sick during school hours we will be contacting you to pick up your child.
**If you will not be sending your child to school due to illness please call the school and leave a message with the school tele-safe number: (609) 737-4005, main menu #2. If you want me to know the reason for the absence you MUST state that in your voicemail, otherwise the nurse will not be able to share this information with me.**
- Inform transportation of your child’s absence.
- Send Ms. Hupp a quick email, if you have time.
**Please keep all contact phone numbers current in case of an emergency**
11. What should my child wear to school?
- Comfortable casual clothing and sneakers (especially necessary on gym day)
- Dress your child for the weather. We will be going outside for recess every day- weather permitting. We will not go out if the temperature is below 32 degrees.
12. Does my child need a backpack?
- Yes, all students will need a functional backpack large enough to hold a 9x12 inch folder inside without folding or bending and a lunch box for snack. Backpacks with wheels are not allowed, they are too cumbersome and impractical for young children to handle independently. Backpacks will be used daily for storage of snack and folder so please make sure that your child brings his/her backpack each day. Many backpacks look alike; pleaselabel your child's backpack with his/her name!
13. Does my child need an extra pair of clothing?
- Yes, please send change of clothing in a Zip-lock bag with his/her name on it.
- *Please label each item placed in bag*
- Please include the following items:
- Underwear, socks, shirt, pants, AND shorts
14. Can my child bring in a birthday treat?
- You may send in cupcakes/cookies and juice/water to school for your child’s birthday.
- The birthday treat will be distributed during snack time. Unfortunately, I cannot accommodate birthday cakes or parties in the classroom due to lack of time and space limitations. I also do not have the tools for serving cakes (plates, knives, forks etc.), so please send in individual servings.
- Please check with Ms. Hupp ahead of time to set a date/time and to check for any other dietary restrictions.
15. What can I do to help my child at home?
- Review weekly newsletter each night. Ask your child about their day. Reinforce concepts/lessons that are being taught at school that week.
- Complete Family Projects with your child
- Establish a nightly routine with a set bedtime and try to stay on schedule as much as possible.
- If you feel your child may be coming down with something, be over cautious and keep him/her home from school.
- Additional skills that you may work on with your child at home are:
- Cleaning- up
- Cutting/snipping with scissors
- Buttoning, snapping, and zipping
16. Do I need to purchase school supplies for my child?
- No, however Ms. Hupp will be asking for donations for special projects/classroom materials. Thank you in advance!!
17. What can I do to help the teacher?
- There are many opportunities for parents to help both the students and I in and out of the classroom. I am always in need of parent volunteers to help in the classroom during Theme Days and when hosting Mystery Readers. If you are interested in helping please let me know!