Mrs. Bari Bradley, RN, BSN, CSN
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:50am - 3:35pm
My goal is to keep all Central School students safe, happy, healthy and successful. My door is always open! Please feel free to contact me at any time to discuss your child.
Tips To Keep Your Children Safe and Healthy:
- Please review proper handwashing with your children. It is very important for them to wash their hands before eating, and after playtime and toileting. Handwashing is the best defense against germs.
- Please pack some lip balm for your children to keep in their desk. Many children get chapped lips, especially with the change of seasons and they can miss a lot of class time visiting the nurse's office for chapped lips.
- Please encourage your children to drink plenty of water. It is important that they drink 6-8 glasses of water each day to maintain proper hydration. Many children do not drink enough water throughout the school day. Carrying a water bottle with them is a excellent habit to get into!
- Please dress your children in layers. There may be variations in temperature throughout the school and layers are the best way to go. The children go outside for recess on most days weather permitting so please make sure they remember their coats on cold days.
- Please check to see that your children are wearing proper footwear to school every day. Clogs, high-heels, shoes with smooth soles, flip-flops and sandals are not safe for playground play.
- Please allow your children time to rest at home if they are sick. If your child has a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, vomiting or diarrhea, please keep them home. They may not return until they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication.
- Please make sure your children are eating a nutritious breakfast before arriving at school. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Many children are complaining of headaches or stomachaches due to forgetting to eat breakfast or not eating enough breakfast. Children that are feeling hungry may have difficulty concentrating.