- Reading- A variety of programs and resources are used in Reading including class novels, Achieve3000, Junior Scholastic, and Newsela.
- Writing- Students will work through the writing process to produce narratives and essays using one or more reasearch sources. There is a strong focus on utilizing graphic organizers and editing and revising written pieces against a rubric.
- Grammar- Grammar skills are taught with an emphasis on application into students' writing pieces. Teacher developed rubrics will be utilized to assess students' progress toward application of grammar skills into written work.
- Vocabulary- Vocabulary Workshop workbooks and online resources are used in conunction with teacher created resources with a focus on utilizing new vocabulary in daily communication and written work. Students are assessed in vocabulary using varied methods.
WHAT IS MY CHILD'S READING LEVEL?
1. Check to find your child's most up-to-date reading lexile score on Achieve3000.
2. Put their lexile score and reading interests into the book list generator and VOILA - you will have a new book list for your child that is tailored to their reading level AND interests!
Note: If your child's lexile score is above grade level, some of the books may be inappropriate for them. This site allows you to put in an age range to generate an appropriate list.
YOU CAN ORDER BOOKS THROUGH SCHOLASTIC ONLINE AT ANY TIME USING OUR CLASS CODE: LN2PZ