Hi! Welcome to my website! I am so happy and excited to work with students whose last name starts with A-K. I have my Master’s Degree in Education with a School Counseling Certificate from Monmouth University, and I earned my Bachelor’s Degree in Rehabilitation and Human Services from The Pennsylvania State University. I am available Monday-Friday from 7:40am to 2:10pm – please feel free to email me at email@example.com or call me at 856-540-6200 x7405.
Middle School is such an important time for students due to rapid growth, curiosity about their world and an emerging self-identity. I believe that every student needs support, guidance, and opportunities during adolescence to be able to work through obstacles that may come throughout the school year and still achieve success. I collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, students, and people in the community to work with your student to be able to be proactive and preventative in situations that may arise at school. It’s important to help students discover their social, emotional and academic needs. Below are just a few of the services that I provide at Pennsville Middle School.
School Safety Team Leader
Academic skills support
PBIS Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
Organizational, study and test-taking skills
Education in understanding self and others
Peer relationships and effective social skills
Communication, problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution
Career awareness, exploration and planning
Substance abuse education
Individual and small group counseling
Some reasons students might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- "I had an argument with my best friend and she doesn't want to be my friend anymore."
- "Some kids in my science class are talking about fighting after school."
- "My parents argue all the time and I don't know what to do."
- "My grandfather is really sick and I'm scared he's going to die."
- "My mom just had a baby and she doesn't have time for me anymore."
- "We're moving again!"
- "My dad wants me to be an engineer like him, but I want to be a pilot."
Some reasons parents might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- "This is Jack's third school this year, and he's having difficulty adjusting."
- "My husband is being deployed in two weeks and Diane may need some help coping with this change."
- "Sam used to be excited about school, but lately he doesn't seem to care."
- "My wife and I recently separated and our daughter could use some help understanding this."
- "My son seems to be the target of some teasing after school. Can you help?"
I’m looking forward to an awesome school year and hope that each student is able to achieve their greatest success while they attend Pennsville Middle!