- Our second unit of the year will focus on Strange & Mysterious literature.
- In this unit, students will focus on author’s craft and how author’s use of language and literary techniques build suspense and manipulate the audience’s perception. Using Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Tell- Tale Heart,” Roald Dahl’s “The Landlady,” and other supplemental texts, students will determine how the author’s literary and stylistic choices create suspense. Students’ progress will be assessed through their annotations and/or notes, class discussion, quizzes, and writings, including a narrative, a literary analysis, and a research simulation.
- You must use your EB account to access the Google Drive and my Google Classroom where MOST of your class work will be submitted.
- Google Classroom CODES:
- Period 6/7 - t0b1xu
- Period 8/9 - 7thj741
- Daily homework will be posted on this website and shared via Remind. To join Remind:
- text @sulvaeng to the number 81010
Please have something to write with (pencils or black/blue pens)
You will be provided with a binder to keep in the classroom that keeps your materials organized for RWW.
- As part of your weekly grade in Reading and Writing Workshop, you are required to read outside of the classroom at least an hour a week. Lucky for you, this may include any reading you do for English, History, etc. Of course, if you choose to read for pleasure, even better (as long as your homework is finished!)
- You must then submit a Reading Response (Google Form) on the Google Classroom by class time on Friday (or the last day of the week we have class.) I will remind you during the week and send a message out via Remind.
- To join Remind:
- text @rww8 to the number 81010
- To join the Google Classrooms:
- Period 3 - qetn4d
- Period 4 - lhsjqx
- Period 12 - klo2rt3