The counseling department, in partnership with the Clinton Township community of parents, students, and educators, is dedicated to promoting student growth by focusing on the whole child. All counseling programs are designed to foster student achievement in the areas of academic, career, social and personal growth.
In addition, our programs support the development of the following values: respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, trustworthiness, and citizenship. Our goal is to promote a commitment to life-long learning, personal and academic growth, cultural awareness, and becoming productive members of society.
RVS Counseling Department
The primary goal of counseling at Round Valley School is to provide students with a safe, supportive environment in which to manage any ongoing issues or crisis that may otherwise impede their emotional and educational growth. The program is developmental in nature, incorporating techniques that are meaningful in working with children in general, and specifically with intermediate school students at each grade level as they transition toward greater independence, acceptance or personal responsibility, and the need for more complex decision-making capacities.
Some specific areas that we strive to address with individuals as well as groups of students include the following:
- Managing good life choices.
- Accepting and respecting others, regardless of similarity or difference from oneself.
- Learning to view differences among people as positive or innocuous, not as something to be distrusted.
- Agreeing to disagree; developing strategies for getting along and working with those who are not your natural allies.
- Resolving conflicts for oneself or via the involvement of a mediator.
- Managing challenges at home including sibling rivalry, parental relationships and loss of loved ones.
Counselor Contact Information
School Counselor - 5th grade
(908) 236-6341 ext 246
School Counselor - 3rd and 4th grades
(908) 236-6341 ext 320