Welcome to Flocktown-Kossmann's Grades 3-5
Health Office Website
Mrs. Alexis Antonov, RN, BSN, CSN-NJ
Phone: 908-850-1010 ext. 3004
A note to parents of 4th & 5th Graders:
The State of NJ requires that all students entering 6th grade and 11 years old have received one dose of meningococcal vaccine and one dose of Tdap (tetanus, diptheria, pertussis) vaccine prior to entry. These vaccines are usually given on or after a child's 10th birthday. **If your child is 10 years old at the start of 6th grade, you have until 1 week after his/her 11th birthday to submit proof of immunization.
In order to be proactive, if your child has his/her annual physical during the 2018-2019 school year and receives those vaccinations, please request an updated immunization record at the time of your visit to submit for my records. I will email you a confirmation that I have received and updated your child's school immunization record.
Health Office Policies
- Please be sure to report your child's absence prior to the start of the school day by calling the absentee line. State whether your child is sick (including symptoms), or if they are staying home because of travel or other personal reasons. Grades 3-5: 908-850-1010.
- Students who have been ill with a fever or vomiting should remain at home until symptom free for 24 hours.
- Students who have been diagnosed with strep throat should remain at home for 24 hours after the start of antibiotic therapy.
- Students with conjunctivitis (pink eye) should remain at home until free of pus-like drainage.
- Medications cannot be given to a child without a completed authorization form signed by the parent and the physician.
- Students are not allowed to carry medication. A responsible adult should deliver the medications to the health office.
“As a nurse, we have the opportunity to heal the heart, mind, soul and body of our patients, their families and ourselves. They may forget your name, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” -Maya Angelou