We are currently working on:
Microsoft ACCESS Databases & Digital Media files and formats
Our Mid Term Exam include all units of study covered to date. Please refer to Google Classroom to review class notes in preparation for the exam.
1. How can mechanisms be grouped together to change the type of motion produced from input to output?
What are the four basic actions of a computer?
2. Why is data stored in computers as 0’s and 1’s?
3. What is the difference between primary and secondary storage?
4. Why do computers need software to operate?
5. What are two types of software and what do they do?
5 credits - Full Year - no prerequisite. Grades 9, 10, 11, 12
We are living in the Digital Age! Computer Technologies will explore a wide spectrum of computing topics. Students will discover how computers work to process and store data. They will then investigate how Email and other information travels successfully over a network and the Internet. Knowledge of how web pages are created will prepare students for future a variety of career applications, including marketing and sales technologies implemented in many website designs. Students will be provided insight and hands-on experience as they apply computer languages and software applications to create their own web pages. This course will provide a complete overview of computer technologies.
Students should come prepared each day with a pocketed notebook for recording class notes and organizing class handouts.