DIGITAL MEDIA DESIGN
We are currently working on:
Adobe Photoshop CC, Composition, Elements and Principles of Design, Color Theory, Surrealism & Salvatore Dali
Unit Title: Digital Media and Our World
How does digitaL media impact society?
How does digital media affect the consumer?
What is Photoshop?
How can I express myself through Photoshop??
5 credits - Full Year - no prerequisite. Grades 9, 10, 11, 12
Students will be introduced to concepts and careers related to visual communications utilizing the Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design applications. Students will become familiar through hands-on projects utilizing Photoshop’s desktop tools, palettes, selections, layers, vector graphics, and special effects. Projects will focus on incorporating Photoshop enhanced art into the pre-press layout process utilizing Adobe Illustrator and In-Design applications. Digital photography will also be a major component of this course.
Students should come prepared each day with a flash drive and a pocketed notebook for recording class notes and organizing class handouts.
- Students are to come to class with a positive attitude and willing to learn.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make-up any missed work as soon as possible. School policy defines allowed make-up time to be equal to the amount of time absent. Example: absent two days would allow two days to make up any missed work. I will be more than willing to address any extenuating circumstances as long as the student discusses the situation with me upon return from an absence.
- All assignments are due on time. Points will be deducted for each day late.
- Project grades are based upon student performance during and upon completion of a given project.
- Three (3) unexcused late arrivals to class = 1 detention. Each additional late will receive additional detentions.
- Class Participation 30%
- Projects 50%
- Tests 20%