Mrs. Amanda Marschalk, RN, BSN, CSN
Phone: (732) 556-2144
Fax: (732) 556-2629
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8:50am-3:35pm
My door is always open! Please feel free to contact me at any time to discuss your child.
IMPORTANT SPRING REMINDERS!
- With allergy season upon us, handwashing is extremely important, especially after playing outside. Additionally, it is very important to control the spread of germs. Kids should wash their hands before eating, and after playtime and toileting.
- Appropriate footwear is vital to help prevent falls/injuries. Sneakers that tie are the safest choice. Slip-ons, clogs, high heels, and sandals all offer little to no ankle support and are a hazard. Students will not be allowed to run outside during recess with flip flops, so please refrain from having your child wear flip flips to school. They are unsafe, even in the hallways and going up and down steps.
- Please encourage your child to drink plenty of water. It is important that they drink 6-8 glasses of water each day to maintain proper hydration, especially with the warm weather upon us.
- Please make sure your child is eating a nutritious breakfast each morning before school. This is so important in order to have a successful school day! Children who are feeling hungry may have difficulty concentrating.
- If your child is sick, please allow him or her time at home to rest. If your child has a temperature of 100 or greater, vomitting or diarrhea, please keep him or her home. They may not return until they are fever free for 24 hours, without the use of fever reducing medicine (Tylenol, Motrin).
- ALL medication to be given at school requires a note from your child's doctor, as well as written parental consent. This is true for over-the-counter medicine as well, even cough drops. We do discourage the use of cough drops at school due to potential choking hazard.