Jazz and Rock Band auditions
6th Grade Band
A Joyous Christmas
3 minute Nutcracker
Let It Go
Jingle Bell Rock
Christmas Time Is Here
25 or 6 to 4
Still Still Still
Light The Candles
Winter From The 4 Seasons
Hazy Shade of WInter - The Bangles
All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey
What is expected of each student in Instrumental Music?
Each student is expected to:
- Bring their instrument, folder with music, a pencil and any other essential materials (reeds, strings) to each class and rehearsal
- Practice their instrument for at least 20 minutes per day, 4 days per week (1hr 20 minutes per week total)
- Miss no more than 1 rehearsal per marking period unless absent from school
- Be responsible for keeping their instrument in good working condition and notifying their parents and teacher immediately if there is a problem that needs to be fixed
- Be an active participant in class and rehearsals and put forth a strong effort
- Keep a good attitude and be respectful of yourself and others
- Attend and perform in each instrumental music concert (1 in the winter and 1 in the spring). Attendance is mandatory.
How am I graded in instrumental music?
While there will be an occasional formal assessment in class, most of your grade is determined by meeting the expectations above. EACH STUDENT CAN EARN AN “A” IN MUSIC CLASS IF THEY CHOOSE TO MEET THE EXPECTATIONS. Students will receive a grade each week based on class and rehearsals (a grade will be put into Power School each class but can be adjusted by the end of the week based on rehearsals).