Mrs. Materna ELA & Social Studies
It's hard to believe we are in the last marking period of the school year. We will continue to strive to do our best in our hybrid and virtual learning environments. Please continue to check your child's Google classrooms for assignments and announcements.
All sixth grade students are members of the 20-21 Sixth Grade Google Classroom. This is where we post information and reference documents. Homeroom teachers have the code if your child needs to join.
- phone: 908-238-9141 ext. 137
(If you would like to speak to a counselor, please use the link below.)
Independent Reading Requirements:
1. Each student is required to read at least 30 minutes each day.
2. Students need to complete an Independent Reading Form when they finish their book.
3. Each student is responsible for setting a rigorous, yet attainable reading goal.
Homework is posted on the homework page.
- Accelerated Reader: https://hosted406.renlearn.com/17140/
- SCOPE: http://scope.scholastic.com/
- (Make sure you click on student view to read the articles.)
- Vocabulary workshop
(More detailed directions can be found in your ELA Google classroom.)