Academic Recitation Period:
- Will meet daily between sessions 2 and 3. ** Does not meet in F days or half days **
- 35 minutes in length.
- Students may use this time to work quietly & independently on their assignments.
- Students may leave to work with a teacher, a counselor, or go to the guided meditation room, however they MUST have a pass!
- Students are expected to attend; consequences for cutting are the same as cutting any other class.
Second Change Learning (Redos / Retakes)
- Students may redo one quiz or test per marking period. Exclusions: quarterlies/unit exams.
- Students must have a minimum of 60% of homework, classwork, and review materials, with the appropriate work, for the specific content in order to be eligible for the retake on that content.
- Students must have made a good-faith effort to complete the original assessment, which includes timely and thoughtful completion of work and appropriate use of class time and resources, to be eligible for the retake.
- Student’s grade will be the calculated average of the original assessment and the reassessment.
Students can find the complete document for the CHS Math Department Student Learning Contract on the HVCHS website under the students tab, or in Oncourse Classroom under the Resources section in their math class.