September 2018 Welcome to iSTEM 7!
You are expected to arrive to class on time and prepared. Please bring the following items everyday:
- Your Chromebook
- Your Engineering Notebook
- Pencil & Eraser
- inexpensive earbuds or headphones
- Your Creativity
- Your Enthusiasm
The TMS iSTEM 7 class utilizes Project Lead the Way (PLTW) modules in conjunction with Google Apps for Education. The PLTW courses being taught include Automation and Robotics & Flight and Space.
- You will have minimal homework, but please remember that work not completed in class automatically becomes homework.
- Assignments are turned into OnCourse
- If you do not turn in an assignment on time, it is YOUR responsibility to email Mrs. Neggia with a notification that the assignment has been turned in to OnCourse.
Flight & Space (30 days)
The world of aerospace comes alive through the Flight and Space (FS) unit. Students explore the science behind aeronautics and use their knowledge to design, prototype, and test model rocket fuel and a glider. Custom-built simulation software allows students to experience space travel.
Automation & Robotics (60 days)
Students trace the history, development, and influence of automation and robotics as they learn about mechanical systems, energy transfer, machine automation, and computer control systems. Students use the VEX Robotics® platform to design, build, and program real-world objects such as traffic lights, toll booths, and robotic arms.
We are in need of the following supply donations:
- styrofoam meat trays
- 2L soda bottles