Welcome to 7th Grade Gateway to Technology!
You are expected to arrive to class on time and prepared. Please bring the following items everyday:
- Your Chromebook
- Your Engineering Notebook
- Pencil & Eraser
- inexpensive earbuds or headphones
- Your Creativity
- Your Enthusiasm
- You will need a 3-ring binder for this class (1-inch or larger)
- We are always in need of supply donations:
- bubble wrap
- styrofoam packing material (not the peanuts)
- mylar (can be in the form of mylar balloons)
Design & Modeling (70 days)
Students discover the design process and develop an understanding of the influence of creativity and innovation in their lives. They are then challenged and empowered to use and apply what they’ve learned throughout the unit to design a therapeutic toy for a child who has cerebral palsy.
Energy & the Environment (20 days)
Students are challenged to think big and toward the future as they explore sustainable solutions to our energy needs and investigate the impact of energy on our lives and the world. They design and model alternative energy sources and evaluate options for reducing energy consumption.