GRADE 6: ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS AND GEOGRAPHY
The social studies program for grades six introduces students to the study of the history, culture, and geography of ancient civilizations.
The 6th grade program seeks to interest students in the origin and development of early civilizations. The program begins with developing students’ knowledge of geography and culture. Students continue with their study of early humans, the rise of ancient river civilizations, and emerging empires.
It is my hope these perspectives, concepts, and skills will enable students to gain an understanding of themselves and the diverse and various people and cultures of the world.
UNITS OF STUDY:
- Early Humans and Migration
- Ancient River Valleys
- Egypt, Sumer, China and India
- World Religions
- Ancient Greece
- Ancient Rome
Keys to Success:
- Come to class prepared - Bring your assignment pad, folder, and writing utensil EVERY DAY
- Look on the right side of the whiteboard for Homework Assignments - record in your assignment pad
- Look to the left side of the whiteboard for the To Do and Agenda for the day
- Stay engaged in class, ask questions, record important info and encourage others
- Think! Slow down and think before you act.
- KINDNESS MATTERS! :)