Dear Fifth Grade Families,
Welcome to an exciting year in fifth grade! The following is a list of items that would be beneficial for developing successful work and study habits:
1. CLASSROOM TOOLS: 1 package of No.2 pencils, 2 highlighters, colored pens for editing, and one package of Post-its.
2. 1 SPIRAL NOTEBOOK: 1 subject notebook, approx. 8 x 10 ½, 100 pages or more, wide ruled
3. ZIPPER PENCIL CASE: We recommend this for students to store their writing tools when they move from class to class, labeled accordingly.
4. EARBUDS: A small pair of earbuds that can be stored in a pencil case and kept at school.
5. REUSABLE WATER BOTTLE: In an attempt to increase our school’s sustainability goals, we are asking that students use reusable water bottles instead of disposable ones. We will be encouraging the use of reusable water bottles whenever possible. Please label the bottle accordingly.
*Please have these supplies available at home: pens and pencils, a ruler, scissors, crayons, colored pencils, notebook paper, a dictionary and a quiet place to complete homework.
We trust that these suggestions will be helpful as you prepare for the opening of school. If the acquisition of any of the above items presents a financial hardship, please contact us. We are looking forward to meeting and greeting your child on Thursday, September 5th and working with you throughout the year.
The Fifth Grade Team
Mrs. Colella, Mrs. Hamer, Ms. Hindman, Ms. Melker, and Mrs. Needham