2019 McLane Welcome Back Letter.pdf
Welcome to Kindergarten! I am SO excited to be your teacher for the 2019-2020 school year!
I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you. I am confident that we are going to have a fantastic year together full of fun, learning, and lots of fun adventures!
Parents, here are some important things to know for the first days of K:
- One the first day of school, please send your son or daughter:
•Backpack (big enough to fit your child’s take-home folder which I will be providing)
•2 delicious snacks (peanut and nut free)
•A plan for lunch*
- Within the first few days of school, please send the following:
•One pair of durable kids headphones
•A paper folder covered with some of your child’s favorite things. This can include photos or illustrations of family & friends, hobbies, drawings of their favorite toys, etc. We will use this as our writing folder throughout the year and will give us ideas of topics to write about.
- We offer an AM and a PM snack in kindergarten. We encourage healthy snacks whenever possible! fruit, vegetables, cheese, crackers, yogurt, pretzels, bagels, 1⁄2 sandwich, etc. Be sure your child’s name is on your snack and/or lunch bags. Also, we are a peanut and nut-free classroom!
- *Your kindergarten student will have the option of buying lunch in the cafeteria or bringing a lunch from home. Students bringing lunch from home should pack their lunch and snack in separate bags (please label which is lunch and which is snack). You can also create for a lunch account by going to HVRSD.org >> Parents >> Pay For It.
- On the first day of school, students will meet on the blacktop near the school’s parking lot. There will be plenty of teachers to help you find our line. This will be where the buses drop off in the morning and where all Kindergarteners will line up every morning before school.
- Dismissal will take place on the East Prospect side of the building. At 3:35, the kindergarten teachers will walk out our kindergarten doors to the walker pickup area by the bench. Bussers will be walked directly to their busses. Aftercare students will be walked down to the cafeteria.
- I will have a take-home folder, crayons, and pencils for your child.
Before the school year begins, I would like to share a few things about myself. First of all, I love being a teacher. I can’t picture myself doing anything else with my life! Last summer I got married to my best friend! You may have known my previous name… Ms. Bradshaw. I am also a proud Rider University graduate, class of 2012 and completed graduate school in 2017 with Teacher Leadership and Reading Specialist certifications. In my spare time, I enjoy doing CrossFit, spending time with friends and family, traveling, and relaxing nights in! I look forward to learning about you in just a few short weeks!
Kindergarten is a great place to be and will be filled with lots of learning and laughter. It is my mission to instill a love for learning in my students. I always attempt to teach with a passion for each subject so that my students develop a desire to become life-long learners. I know that our school year will be amazing and filled with lots of fun memories. If you have any questions or just want say “Hello!”, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to seeing everyone soon!