Room 24 News
Congratulations to our classmate, Sophia, for winning Miss Preteen Ironbound in her recent pagaent
Your Room 24 friends are very proud of you!!!
Wednesday November 21st (Early Dismissal)
Thursday November 22nd and Friday November 23rd: Thanksgiving Break (School's Closed)
Friday December 21st: Early Dismissal (12:45)
Winter Recess: December 22nd-January 1st
- Students received a lexile level from an assessment taken in October
- Articles are leveled based on their lexile level
- This program can be used at home as well as school
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math)
Each month we complete a STEAM challenge in addition to our regular science kit.
- Multiplication Timed tests are given weekly.
- Instant recall of facts allows for better understanding of key 4th grade concepts
We participate in the HOUR OF CODE. Students spend an hour coding and programming. Please ask your child about their experiences and ask them to show you what they did on http://www.code.org
Click the picture for information on Every Kid In a Park, a program for 4th graders across the USA. Former President Barack Obama created Every Kid in a Park so fourth graders and their families could discover our wildlife, resources, and history for free.
Nightly homework includes:
- Fact Practice (weekly timed tests are given on Fridays)
- Reading: students should be reading appropriate leveled text for at least 15 minutes per night.
- The most updated homework assignments can be found in the student planners. All students should be writing down homework daily as a part of their daily routine.
- Scholastic Book Order
Cash (exact amount) can be sent with your child in an envelope with the completed order form
or you can order online using class activation code.
Do you want to join our class text message notification system?
text the message: @mscrisanaz
September: Christopher S. February:
October: Genesis March:
Monday: World Language and Art
Wednesday: PE (don't forget your sneakers)
Friday: PE (don't forget your sneakers)