The Pre-K Press
We are off to a fantastic start to the school year! The children have done a great job learning our rules and routines. From walking in the halls, finding their stars to stay socially distant, and cleaning up in the classroom, these busy little bees can do it all! We will begin our daily classroom jobs include line leader, door helper, light helper, and calendar helper.
We enjoyed our Yellow Color Day Celebration and want to thank you for helping your child find his or her treasure. We were impressed with their ability to speak in front of their classmates to tell about what they had brought to share. This is not an easy task for some. They really enjoyed the balloons!
We continue working on identifying our names and each letter. The Orange & Black Color Day Celebration is tentatively set for Friday, October 22nd with more information to follow.
Happy Fall to All!
OCTOBER MONTHLY CURRICULUM:
- Letters - T, L, and I
- Math - 3, 4 and Counting in Many Different Ways
- Science & Social Studies - Seasonal Changes during Fall!
- Colors - Orange, Black (Jack-O-Lantern)
- Shapes - Oval (Pumpkins)
- Literacy - Picture Stories and Class Stories
- Vocabulary - Jack-O-Lantern, Emergency, Respect
- Character Education - Responsibility
- Fire Safety
- 911 & Emergencies
- Columbus Day
- Bats & Black Cats
SCHOOL EVENTS & IMPORTANT DATES:
- Week of Respect - 10/4 to 10/8
- Early Dismissal - 10/8
- No School (In-Service Day) - 10/11
- Orange & Black Day - 10/22
- BOE Meeting - 10/26
- Halloween Parade (Pending) - 10/29
BOOKS WE ARE READING:
- When Tillie Turtle Came to Tea - Letter T
- The Lamb Who Loved to Laugh - Letter L
- Iguana on Ice - Letter I
- The Berenstain Bears and the Prize Pumpkin
- Drive the Fire Truck
OCTOBER SONGS & RHYMES:
- Five Little Pumpkins
- Witches' Brew
- Spooky Walk
- The Itsy Bitsy Spider
- The Firefighter Song
Do you have any questions or concerns?
Please feel free to contact me:
Mrs. Sharon Triolo
973-827-7570 ext. 416 or [email protected]