Welcome to Mrs. Iacovelli's 4th Grade Science!
Welcome to 4th Grade Science and Social Studies! Each marking period we will cover at least one unit in each Social Studies and Science.
Social Studies will focus mainly on New Jersey history. Our topics are:
- Local, State, and Federal Government
- The First People of New Jersey and Colonial New Jersey
- World Cultures
Science will begin focusing on the Next Generation Science Standards which has a large emphasis on exploratory learning through the STEAM process. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math. Clearly, you cannot spell STEAM without TEAM. Teamwork and the importance of working well with other will be emphasized throughout this process. Our topics will be:
- Structure and functions of plant and animal systems
- Senses and the brain
- the behavior of light and how people see
- changes in Earth's landscapes
- Earth's geographic features
- the impact of natural disasters
- forms of energy