- Fever of 100.4 degrees or higher. Children should be fever free without fever reducers(<100°) for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Acute cold, diarrhea, or vomiting- Children should be symptom free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Inability to sleep through the night because they don’t feel well or wake up not feeling well.
- Sore throat, especially if combined with a fever or swollen neck glands. If your child has been diagnosed with strep throat, he or she needs to be on the antibiotic for 24 hours before returning to school.
- If there is risk to other students from being exposed to your child’s illness.
- Drainage from the eye.
- Rashes unrelated to heat of unknown origin. If your child does have a rash, a note from the physician stating that the rash is not contagious is warranted.
If your child is exhibiting any of the above mentioned conditions, please keep them home to rest and recover. Call the attendance line prior to 9 am to report an absence (908)204-2565 ext 350. I take their safety very seriously and need to account for every student each and every school day. You may choose to also e-mail the teacher regarding an absence but do not use this as your main means of communication as the teacher may not see the e-mail prior to the start of school. If we do not receive a phone message, I will use every available phone number on record to get in touch with you including emergency contacts. If we cannot get in touch with you or any emergency contacts, we will utilize the assistance of law enforcement to verify your child's safety. I recommend you verify your contact information on the Home Access Center and inform the main office of any necessary changes.