Health Related Entrance Requirements
District Physical Form: Physical Examination Form - 2017.pdf
A Physical Examination must be completed between September 1 of the year that your child is entering school and September 1 of the previous year. For instance, for the 2018-2019 school year, the physical must be completed between 9/1/17-9/1/18. A physical examination is required for:
DTP (Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoid and Pertussis)
- Age 1-6 years - 4 doses, with one dose given on or after the fourth birthday, OR any 5 doses
- Age 7 or Older - 3 doses of Td or a combination of DTP, DtaP, and Td.
- Age 1 – 6 years - 3 doses, with one dose given on or after the 4th birthday, OR any 4 doses
- Age 7 – 17 years - 3 doses, either OPV or IPV separately or in combination
- 2 doses of a measles containing vaccine. First dose given on or after the first birthday (if before first birthday reimmunization is required). Intervals between first and second measles/MMR cannot be less than one month. Laboratory evidence of immunity is also acceptable.
- 1 dose OR laboratory evidence of immunity. First dose given on or after the first birthday. (If before the first birthday then reimmunization is required).
- 1 dose OR laboratory evidence of immunity. First dose given on or after the first birthday. (If before first birthday
reimmunization is required).
Hepatitis B Virus Vaccine
- 3 doses (age 1- 15) OR 2 doses Adult Formulation (age 11- 15) OR laboratory evidence of immunity.
Varicella (Chicken Pox) Vaccine
- 1 dose given on or after their first birthday, or documented proof of disease by a parent or physician statement or laboratory evidence of immunity
Mantoux Test (PPD )
- Students in all grades transferring into Bernards Township School District from specific countries are required to show record of a completed PPD. Please consult your physician or contact the school nurse to determine if this is required for your child.
Still have questions about immunizations for student K-12? Visit the New Jersey Department of Health website at http://www.state.nj.us/health/cd/documents/imm_requirements/k12-parents.pdf.