School Based Counseling Services
Hamburg School offers school based counseling services to help meet the needs of their students within the district. The school counselor helps students to succeed both academically as well as socially during the school day. When a student is struggling in one of these areas, the counselor will collaborate with your child’s teacher(s) to determine if they could benefit from counseling in the school setting. Individual and group counseling are options that are available to help assist students during the school day. School based counseling focuses on issues that either occur at school or are directly affecting a child during the school day. If a child requires additional support, the school can provide a list of resources within the community. If you have any questions and/or concerns please feel free to contact me at the school.
CAP for grades 3/5/7 will be held in January!!!
CAP Parent Informaiton Sessions: December 14, 2018
BOE Conference Room(Use Old Building Entrance)
8:30am-9:30am, 3rd and 5th grade parents
9:30am-10:30am, 7th grade parents
Students in grades K-5 particiapte in Second Step Lessons once a week. On the left hand side of my webpage are Home Links that parents can click on to review/practice the skills that their child(ren) are learning each week. Practicing these skills at home gives your child the opportunity to share what they have learned, but also allows you to reinforce what is being learned at school. The program runs for 22 weeks and the Home Links are updated weekly.
Program Skills and Topics: Grades K–3
These steps follow the mandated timeline given by the NJDOE.
If a verbal and/or written incident is reported and it is determined that an investigation is necessary, the following with begin within 24 hours:
1) An investigation will begin and will be conducted by any or all of the following: Anti Bullying Specialist, Anti Bullying Coordinator, and/or the School Principal.
2) Once the investigation is completed, a written investigation report will be submitted to the School Superintendent. (Within 10 school days of the date of the initial written/verbal report).
3) The School Superintendent makes decisions based on the written report provided.
4) The School Superintendent will report the results of the investigation to the Board of Education at the next scheduled meeting. Results cannot be presented to the Board of Education until the investigation is completed.
5) The School Superintendent will provide parents with information from the investigation within 5 school days after the report to the Board of Education.
Additional information is available in the following link from the NJDOE website:
Quick Reference: Conflict vs. HIB (Harassment/Intimidation/Bullying)
Are mutually competitive or opposing action or engagement.
Includes disagreements, arguments and fights
A normal part of growing up and of life.
One or more students are victims of one or more person’s aggression, as it applies to the HIB definition under the ABR.
The intent is to physically or emotionally hurt someone.