I hope everyone is staying safe and inside!!
Please make sure you are checking your school emails and replying back to me. Check in at least once a week with me to so I know you're doing okay! If I don't start hearing from you through email, then I will be calling home so please email!
Algebra II: Each Monday there will be an assignment posted on MathXL. It is due at the end of the week, on Friday. Your user name should be: "shs_first initial then last name". Example: mine would be "shs_gbrown". Password is: Shsmathxl2020
Personal Finance and Financial Math:
- Name at least two things that are luxuries that Dave mentions in this article?
- First things first, what must you remember first?
- What does Dave suggest you do to plan ahead?
- How can you avoid car fever?
- According to Dave, how should you negotiate when buying a car?
- What do you need to be willing to do?
- What percentage of value does the car lose in the first four years?
- What is the purpose of buying a vehicle?
- What does "caveat emptor" mean?
- Where did this meaning come from?
- Who's job is it to make sure you're not getting duped?
- How many advertisements a day do Americans see? How many a year?
- Fill in the blanks: "More than ______ of the time, purchasers do _____pay it off within the stated period and end up paying _____ ______ than they anticipated".
- What 3 things should you do to avoid making unnecessary purchases?
- What is something you have bought and then later regretted buying it? (it's called buyers remorse)
Assignment for the week of 3/30-4/3
- Why is it recommended to work with an investment pro?
- What kind of advisor is NOT a good a fit?
- What's the most important thing to remember?
- What does Dave recommend for how to your advisor should be paid?
My name is Genny Brown and I teach Algebra 2, Personal Finance, and Financial Math at Springfield High School. This is my 11th year teaching. I have taught Math, Texas History, and PE. I'm excited to be here teaching math again!
I have been married for 7 years to Zac Brown. We moved to Louisiana 6 years ago from Texas and have enjoyed Livingston Parish and making great friends! We have two sons, Reid, 6, and Ryan, 8 months. Reid is in first grade at Springfield Elementary.
I look forward to a great year and watching your student grow. Please don't hesitate to contact me if have any questions or concerns.