Welcome to 6th grade in Room B115R at Fernwood Middle School! I would like to welcome all of the parents and students to my class; I am so excited to be your child’s teacher! Since your child is transitioning from elementary school to middle school, we 6th grade teachers understand you and your child’s concerns, worries, and trepidation entering middle school. We do everything we can to help your child throughout the year to become easily acclimated and involved in our school academically and socially. I can guarantee your child will make amazing memories this year and throughout their time at Fernwood!
Things to Know:
- I am constantly updating my website (http://eht.oncoursesystems.com/websites/11552308) which contains your child’s daily schedule, grading scale, Infinite Campus (grades), PowerPoints or websites we will use, info about me, and anything fun we may have done as a class!
- We will use our planners daily (for homework, tests/quizzes/project reminders, and notes) and it is to be signed or initialed by a parent or guardian
- Your child will need 1 folder, 1 composition book, pencils, and erasers for my classroom this year.
- Attached is a Parent/Guardian nfo sheet, this needs to be filled out by you and brought back by your child ASAP
Things to Donate to our Classroom (if you are able to/would like to):
- Poster Board
- Stick glue
- Index cards
- Anti-Bacterial Soap
- Clorox Wipes
- Lined Paper/Notebooks/Folders
- Construction Paper
- Books for our Classroom Library
- Dry-Erase Markers/Eraser
Thank you so much for your time and support. I hope I have answered all of your questions. Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com since it is quicker for me to respond via e-mail throughout the day instead of a phone call. In addition, I will be meeting you on Monday, September 16th from 6:30 – 8:30 pm for “Back to School Night”. I look forward to meeting you and I am eager to learn and grow with your child this school year!
Mrs. Amanda Welch