Standards to be Covered
1. Collaborate with a partner to collect information.
2. Make observations of the natural world and know that they are descriptors collected using the five senses.
3. Keep records as appropriate - such as pictoral records - of investigations conducted.
4. Recognize that learning can come from careful observation.
5. sort objects by observation properties, such as size, shape, colore, temperature, weight, and texture.
6. recognize that the shape of materials such as paper and clay can be changed by cutting, tearing, crumpling, smashing, or rolling.
7. Recognize the five senses and reacted body parts.
8. Observe and create a visual representation of an object which includes its major features.
9. Recognize that some books and other media portray animals and plants with characteristics and behaviors they do not have in real life.
10. Observe plants and animals , describe how they are alike and different in the way they look and the things they do.
11. Explore the Law of Gravity by investigating how objects are pulled toward the ground unless something holds them up.
12. Recognize the repeating pattern of day and night.
13. Recognize that the Sun can only be seen during the daytime.
14.Observe that sometimes the Moon can be seen at night and sometimes during the day.
15. Observe that things can be big and things can be small as seen from Earth.
16. Observe that some objects are far away and some are nearby as seen from Earth.
17.Observe that things that make sound vibrate.
18. investigate that things move in different ways, such as fast, slow, etc.
19. observe that push or a pull can change the way an object is moving.