1SGEC Weekly News
Week of May 20 – May23
Monday – Day 4- CES
Tuesday – Day 5 – GYM
Wednesday – Day 6- Art
Thursday- Day Music
NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS!
- Don’t forget that there is no school for the students on Friday, May 24th(teacher in-service, Monday, May 27thfor Memorial Day and Tuesday, May 28th(unused snow day)
- Thanks to all the wonderful parent chaperones that made our trip to the Planetarium “Out of This World”. It was a great day!
- We will BOTH be out on Monday and Thursday for an all day Orton Gillingham training. Please remind your child to be on their best behavior! (Mrs. Lacaskey thanks you! J
- Make sure you have your calendars marked for the First Grade Author’s Tea followed by the class party. The time frame is 10:00am to 11:30am. You will receive more information soon.
- In Language Arts we will be writing opinion pieces. We will also continue with the DRA assessments.
- In Social Studies we will discuss Memorial Day (age appropriate).
- In science we will be continuing our unit on light and sound! If you know anything and can share on this topic, please let us know!
- In math, we will review for the unit assessment on shapes and equal parts.
Homework for the Week of May 20 - 23
THIS IS THE FINAL WEEK OF ASSIGNED HOMEWORK!
(Tissues are available upon request!) Haha
Phonics: Phonics: Weekly spelling wordscry, fly, try, shy, sly, buy, python, say, under, of. Please complete 3 activities on the new MAY spelling tic-tac-toe- board. For a challenge, use these words in sentences or in a paragraph! A good rule to remember is that if a 1-syllable word ends in y, it says long i. If the y is at the end of a 2-syllable word, it says long e.
Reading: Please read a book on Raz Kids and respond to a reading response question in your reading journal.
Math: There is no assigned homework as we are preparing for the unit assessment.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE HOMEWORK, THEY CAN ACCESS RAZ AND I-READY J
As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns!
1SGEC is the Place to Be!