Spelling and Phonics Practice
*****Spelling CIty has free access the next three months! Practice on the webpage! The code is VSCFree90*****
Spelling Activities - Listen to Mrs. Jeney and spell these words!
CVC Words with Short Vowels -
Have your child click on the link below to review vowels and do the vowel drill with me!
Then, visit PBS Learning Media for a Can't Make a Word Without A Vowel Video!
- How many words can you make with ight?
- How many words can you make with in?
- How many words can you make with the all chunk?
- Make a list of 5 CVC words and a list of 5 CVCe
- How many words can you write where ay says a?
- Use Scrabble letters to make words.
- Dictate a sentence for your child to write.
- Play Syllable Games on the link below!
As you read today, do a "hunt' for certain patterns.
Read a story on Raz or Tumblebooks! Or read a book!
Tumblebooks: Our username is campbell732 Our password is books
- As you read today, find words with (long) vowel teams: ai, ay, oa, ow, ea, ee or igh!
- As you read a story today, make a list of short vowel words that you see in the book.
- How many words can you write where ow says o (long o)?
As you read today, think about character. Use the resource below to review:
Read a story today and write the story elements -Character, Setting, Problem, Soluton
- Our username is campbell732 Our password is books
- Write a paragraph about the main character. In your topic sentence, you can tell a trait about your character. In the detail sentences, tell about what the character said and how the character acted. Explain your character's problem and how he/she resolved it. In your closing sentence, wrap up with a description of your character. (Wrap up with As you can see or To conclude)
- Listen to a story online or read a real book and complete a story map: file:///C:/Users/MKJ/Downloads/StoryElementsGraphicOrganizer%20(1)%20(1).pdf
Review the Main Idea
Play a Theme Game!
Listen to a story online or read a real book and complete a story map.
General Comprehension Questions
Other Online Reading Links for All Grades:
Reading Rockets- a wonderful guide for all things reading http://www.readingrockets.org/audience/parents
Scholastic Book Wizard - allows you to search for the level of books and find books at a specific level
All things reading!
Education World's Reading Games
This comprehensive website offers math and reading activities by
Spelling City Input spelling words to create games
Short Vowels (CVC)
Word Chain create short vowel words
Animated Phonemics Chart -hear the letter sounds
Sight Word Games
http://www.starfall.com/ has online phonics themed stories and online letter cards
http://www.mystorybook.com - create story books online
Storynory free audio stories
Tumblebooks - We have a school account. Email me for the login info
Readability - this webpage and mobile app cleans up visually distracting features of a webpage