Hello, boys and girls!
It's Thursday already! It looks like we are having outdoor recess today. Be sure to take time to go outside and get some fresh air in a responsible way.
Here are your reading, writing, and math assignments for Thursday, March 26, 2020.
Did you listen to Mr. Porowski's morning announcements? Be sure to hear what he has to say live each day at 8:00AM! If you're sleeping in, hit the replay button when you wake up! Be sure to listen to his 8:00PM bedtime story if you wish.
Please email me each day to let me know which activities you completed-it's one way to keep us connected. If your parents are able to, send me a pic of your completed work, or give it to me when we return to Campbell. If you send me work, I will provide you with feedback.
If you are looking for some extra assignments, the feedback I'm hearing about IXL is positive. You can explore all of the subjects in the program, not just math or reading.
I loved seeing so many of you on Zoom this week. I'm glad everyone is healthy and doing well as we adjust to this temporary new normal. We will meet up again soon!
Missing you all so much,
1. Read to yourself or with a partner for 15 minutes. You can read a book from home or use RAZ Kids (rsmith199).
RAZKids - Look for assigned books in your reading room. Record yourself reading one of these books. That is an option on RAZ Kids. I will listen to your recording and provide you with feedback.
2. Use the following link to complete a lesson on Magic E. Magic E can also be called silent e: https://edpuzzle.com/assignments/5e7c123f8f887f3f1af19d58/watch
When you have completed the Magic E lesson, practice reading your Dolch sight Words. I emailed everyone their specific lists last night. If you try one of the games at sightwords.com, let me know!
3. Sentence Correction
I made some mistakes in the following sentences. Can you find them? Rewrite the sentences correctly on a sheet of paper.
1. james read a book called the titanic to me on wednesday. (There are 5 mistakes. Remember what we do to the title of a book.)
2. maddie and i read the book happy pig day (There are 7 mistakes! Underline the verb twice.)
3. did liv and kendall go on a trip to disney world? asked adam. (There are 8 mistakes. Put a box around the 5 nouns.)
Complete #1-5. **If you can't log in to EdPuzzle, pick an activity from #6 to complete.
Log on to XtraMath to practice your math facts. Or, you can get a deck of cards and play Peace with someone in your family. Or, you can go to https://webmathminute.com to practice your math facts. For this particular site, email me if you want to know your current 3 Minute Math level.
- Practice skip counting by 2, 5, 10, and 100. Everyone should skip count by 5 and 10 up to 100. As a challenge, skip count higher! Let me know how high you can go! Skip count by 100 starting at 100-1000. Skip count by 2. Can you skip count by 2 up to 20? Up to 50? Up to 100? Let me know how high you can go. Find a video on YouTube if you need some extra support counting by 2 or any number!
- Practice counting up to 20. Then practice counting down from 20 to 0. This will help you when you have to add or subtract your basic facts through 20 using Touch Points.
- Ed Puzzle: Review of clock basics and tell time to 5 minutes. Log in to EdPuzzle.com, or copy/paste this into your browser: https://edpuzzle.com/assignments/5e7b9ad1107e243f2893de17/watch and https://edpuzzle.com/assignments/5e7a43bc49e0023f7465bbcf/watch I may assign additional assignments to some students to provide extra practice of specific skills.
- Complete 15 minutes of iReady.
- **Pick an activity from the list below and play for 15 minutes IF you cannot log in to EdPuzzle.
- Roll 1 die two times - Add the numbers.
- Roll 1 die two times- Subtract the numbers.
Roll 2 dice two times- Make two 2 digit numbers and add.
Roll 2 dice two times- Make two 2 digit numbers and subtract
Roll 2 dice - Make two numbers and compare using > greater than, < less than, and = equal to.
Roll 3 dice for a three digit number - Write it in word form, expanded form, standard form (just use digits) , and model base 10 (draw the hundreds, tens, and ones).
Write an addition word problem using 2 numbers through 20, or write an addition word problem using 2 two-digit numbers. Solve your problem and show your work. Remember, there are different ways to show your work: Draw tens and ones, use an open number line, use a standard algorithm, or break apart the numbers.
Write a subtraction word problem using 2 numbers through 20, or write a subtraction word problem using 2 two-digit numbers. Solve your problem and show your work.
Measure 10 objects using the inches side of a ruler.
Measure 10 objects using the centimeters side of a ruler.
Help your parents measure ingredients for a recipe. Tell me what you made!
**** You can visit the following websites to play math games involving simple word problems, place value, addition, and subtraction as well. ****