Hello, boys and girls!
It's terrific Tuesday! Here are your reading, writing, and math assignments for today Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
Did you listen to Mr. Porowski's morning announcements? Be sure to hear what he has to say as we begin another day on this great adventure called remote learning!
Please email me each day to let me know which activities you completed-it's one way to keep us connected. If your parents are able to, send me a pic of your completed work, or give it to me when we return to Campbell. If you send me work, I will provide you with feedback.
While I'm using websites in my lesson plans that have been recommended by my various supervisors, please be vigilant in monitoring your child's use of these sites. Students' online safety is a priority. I will send each of you a permission slip to use Zoom as per Dr. Herzog.
This continues to be a new way of learning, and we are all going to try our best! Please do NOT stress over any assignments. What's most important is you all are healthy!
I would like to "see" you all and say hello this week! Please email me so that we can set up a convenient time to meet in Zoom. I want to let each one of you know how proud I am of you and your hard work.
See you soon,
1. Read to yourself or with a partner for 15 minutes. You can read a book from home or use RAZ Kids (rsmith199).
RAZKids - Look for assigned books in your reading room. Record yourself reading one of these books. That is an option on RAZ Kids. I will listen to your recording and provide you with feedback.
2. Students will go through my PowerPoint slide show teaching them about Magic E (long o).
3. I made some mistakes in the following sentences. Can you find them? Rewrite the sentences correctly on a sheet of paper.
1. kevin likes to go to surf taco for lunch (There are 4 mistakes. Put a box around the 3 nouns)
2. the students read and write monday through friday (There are 4 mistakes. Underline the 2 verbs twice.)
3. i can't wait to go on a trip to orlando florida! said zac (There are 8 mistakes! Hint: Look at the tag. Zac is speaking.)
Email me your sentences, or save it for when we return to school.
Complete #1-5. **If you can't log in to EdPuzzle, pick an activity from #6 to complete.
Log on to Extra Math to practice your math facts. Or, you can get a deck of cards and play Peace with someone in your family. Or, you can go to https://webmathminute.com. Email me if you want to know your current 3 Minute Math level.
- Practice skip counting by 2, 5, 10, and 100. Everyone should skip count by 5 and 10 up to 100. As a challenge, skip count higher! Let me know how high you can go! Skip count by 100 starting at 100-1000. Skip count by 2. Can you skip count by 2 up to 20? Up to 50? Up to 100? Let me know how high you can go. Find a video on YouTube if you need some extra support counting by 2 or any number!
- Practice counting up to 20. Then practice counting down from 20 to 0. This will help you when you have to add or subtract your basic facts through 20 using Touch Points.
- Ed Puzzle: Time to the whole hour. Log in to EdPuzzle.com, or copy/paste this into your browser: https://edpuzzle.com/assignments/5e765eaecc9a5d3efa27deaa/watch
- Complete 15 minutes of iReady.
- **Pick an activity from the list below and play for 15 minutes IF you cannot log in to EdPuzzle.
- Roll 1 die two times - Add the numbers.
- Roll 1 die two times- Subtract the numbers.
Roll 2 dice two times- Make two 2 digit numbers and add.
Roll 2 dice two times- Make two 2 digit numbers and subtract
Roll 2 dice - Make two numbers and compare using > greater than, < less than, and = equal to.
Roll 3 dice for a three digit number - Write it in word form, expanded form, standard form (just use digits) , and model base 10 (draw the hundreds, tens, and ones).
Write an addition word problem using 2 numbers through 20, or write an addition word problem using 2 two-digit numbers. Solve your problem and show your work. Remember, there are different ways to show your work: Draw tens and ones, use an open number line, use a standard algorithm, or break apart the numbers.
Write a subtraction word problem using 2 numbers through 20, or write a subtraction word problem using 2 two-digit numbers. Solve your problem and show your work.
Measure 10 objects using the inches side of a ruler.
Measure 10 objects using the centimeters side of a ruler.
Help your parents measure ingredients for a recipe. Tell me what you made!
**** You can visit the following websites to play math games involving simple word problems, place value, addition, and subtraction as well. ****
If you have any questions, email me!