Hello, boys and girls!
Happy Thursday! Here are your reading, writing, and math assignments for March 19, 2020.
I hope everyone is doing well! Please do not stress out about any assignments-do what you can and just try your best!
Please email me each day if you can (no worries if you can't) to let me know which activities you completed. If your parents are able to, send me a pic of your completed work, or give it to me when we return to Campbell. One parent said they are keeping their child's completed work in a folder, which will be handed in when school is back in session. This is a great idea!
Thank you to the students who have been recording themselves on RAZ Kids. My family and I love listening to you read! I will continue to provide you with feedback and give you RAZ points for completing this activity.
I signed each one of you up for IXL. I hope your parents got an email with your username and password (the password is the same as your iReady password). If you didn't, please reach out and I will give you that information. While my intent is to use IXL for math, it can also be used for reading, writing, social studies, science, etc.
This is an ever-changing world of remote learning. I'm glad we are trying our best together!
Stay well-rested and healthy!
1. Read to yourself or with a partner for 15 minutes. You can read a book from home or use RAZ Kids (rsmith199).
RAZKids - Look for assigned books in your reading room. Record yourself reading one of these books. That is an option on RAZ Kids. I will listen to your recording and provide you with feedback. Be sure to go on a picture walk before you read. As you are reading remember to use different strategies to figure out words. You can sound out the words. You can use letter sounds and picture cues to help you. You can also skip the word in the sentence and come back to it. After you figure out a word, reread the sentence from the beginning. Make sure your reading sounds like talking-you are the narrator telling a story just like in the videos you've been watching and listening to on Storyline Online.
2. Here is a slide show I made teaching students about the Magic E syllable.
If you can't access it, no worries! Let me know, and I'll try something new another day. Patience and understanding are what we'll practice together during this very special time!
3. I made some mistakes in the following sentences. Can you find them? Rewrite the sentences correctly on a sheet of paper.
1. today is thursday, march 19 2020. (I counted 4 mistakes.)
2. campbell school is in metuchen new jersey. (I counted 6 mistakes!)
3. mrs. Smith said, i want to go back to Campbell School!" (I counted 3 mistakes.)
Complete #1-2. Choose one activity from the list in #3 to complete.
Complete 15 minutes of iReady.
Log on to Extra Math to practice your math facts. Or, you can get a deck of cards and play Peace.
- Log in to IXL and complete 15 minutes. Today's focus is measurement and data. If you need your username and password, email me.
**** You can visit the following websites to play math games involving simple word problems, place value, addition, and subtraction as well. ****