Mrs. Wong's Homework Policy
Homework is assigned in order to practice or extend a skill learned in class, to prepare for a class activity on the following day, or as a form of assessment.
- Homework will be assigned Monday through Thursday for reading, math, and spelling.
- No homework will be assigned for a particular subject on the day that a test is taken. (Consider it a reward for good effort.)
- Homework is expected to be neat,complete,and ready to be handed in at the beginning of class each day. The only exception is special projects.
- No name = no credit.
- If there is a family emergeny or illness, a note should be written by a parent/guardian in place of the homework. New due dates will be discussed depending on the situation. (Extra curricular activities aren't valid excuses for missing assignments.)
- Students who don't have their work or a valid excuse will be asked to make up the homework during recess time that day and may be asked to complete it at home.
- Missing more than 3 assignments in a single marking period may result in a progress report mailed home, a phone call,and/or a comment and drop in grade on the report card.