The mission statement of the Egg Harbor Township School District is to grow together in pursuit of academic excellence through a blend of traditional and innovative teaching strategies which incorporates a technology-rich environment that enables all of our students to succeed in an information age characterized by constant change.
The Davenport Primary School Library reflects the goals and philosophy of the Egg Harbor Township School District and advocates the concept of intellectual freedom. The library media center exists to implement, enrich, and support the educational programs of the school, and to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. It should be a safe and friendly environment that promotes reading, research and good citizens.
The Davenport School Library will provide:
- Access to a variety of materials in various formats
- Resources and instruction in the skills necessary for students to become independent, lifelong learners as well as discerning readers, viewers, and listeners
- An atmosphere that is conducive to learning that is both comfortable and friendly
- Resources that allow learning to go beyond the confines of a textbook
- A place within the school where curriculum-related and leisure –oriented resources are available for the school community
- A gateway to information as it becomes available to ensure productive use of emerging technologies by students and staff
- Resources that are continuously maintained and updated and meet the current and changing needs of students and staff, and
- A Reflection of the diversity of world cultures through library resources.