HONORS BIOLOGY (NON MSA) Google Classroom Code 20-21: edcugrh
MSA HONORS BIOLOGY Google Classroom Code 20-21:
Period 2: dvo6fiw
Period 4: pklxscp
AP Biology Google Classroom Code 20-21: driymtm
These are updated for the 2020-2021 school year...please sign into my google classrooms as soon as possible so I have a direct line of communication with you.
Welcome to Biology!
My name is Mrs. Cascais and I have had the pleasure of teaching at EHT high school for 12 years. I graduated from Rutgers University with a BS in Ecological Sciences. I am particulary fond of animal behavior and ecology, or the study of the interaction between organisms and their environment. In biology, you will be studying not only how an organisms body functions, but you will also be delving into the world of ecology to see how the entire being interacts with other living things and its environment. We will study how a single cell strives for survival, as well as how an entire organism will fight for its life. We will study how your body cells work to keep you functioning and how a population of organisms will aid in each others survival. Biology is the study of life, large and small. In this subject, you will learn the how's and why's of life on this planet.
Please do not call me...email is much faster and more reliable!! I will get back to you within 24-48 hours!!
Also, parents, please remember to check the Infinite Campus Parent Portal to see your child's progress in my class. If you have trouble logging in, please contact the Guidance Department.
Students...here are some tidbits you may find helpful.
1. Crashcourse: Biology -- This site offers videos that are student recommended. There are many videos, each on a topic we cover in Biology. If you are having trouble with a particular topic, search for it here and it might just offer you the help you need to understand the idea. There are even more videos offered on YouTube. Also, there are videos for the other subjects, especially History!
2. Test Taking Secrets-- This document will give you some tricks to conquer the tough Tests in this class and beyond!
3. Bozeman Science: More student recommended videos!
4. Amoeba Sisters: They have videos for all areas of Biology. They are greatly simplified for a good introduction and are animated and fun!
5. Google Search: There are videos everywhere!! Search any topic and I garantee that you will find a plethora of videos, animations and information about any topic you may be struggling with.