Egg Harbor Township Schools
3517 Bargaintown Rd.
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
Bud Smith School Office
Director Phone: 609-926-1235
Greetings Eagle Parents & Care-givers:
Welcome to the new school year! Classes will start on Tuesday September 8th. They will be all virtual to start; hybrid learning (some in person, some online) is scheduled to begin October 26th. Cross your fingers, say a prayer and let’s all plan for the best! District administration, teachers and support personnel are working hard to present quality instruction for every student, every day. Communication will be the key. Stay in communication with your child’s teachers. Stay informed about your child’s progress. Reach out to us here at Eagle Academy with any questions you have.
- The Eagle Academy Daily Class Virtual schedule can be found here.
- Your Child’s individual class schedule will be available in the Parent/ Student portal next week.
- Teachers will be posting individual google class codes on their websites next week.
- Expectations for student virtual learning can be found here.
- Eagle Students now have their own email account. Information can be found here.
- If you do not have a Parent Portal yet, you should. It’s easy to set up. Watch this 1 minute YouTube video by our EHT Director of Communications, Leanna Mullen. Find it here.
- Teachers, Parents & students have been using the REMIND app for texting since last year. We have found it to be a great way to communicate information, and have quick texting conversations. Most of our parents and students use it. If you don’t and would like to, please contact our counselor Mrs. Russo.
- No question, concern or comment is too small or insignificant. Please reach out to me anytime you want. During school hours (M-F 8:00 -3:00) please call the school office. Any other time please call or text me at 609-300-6158. If I don’t pick up I will get back to you in a timely manner.
- If you would like information on community resources, please contact Mrs. Russo. She will be glad to give you confidential guidance in this area.
These are difficult times. Depending on the moment it can seem overwhelming as we juggle jobs, school, health and the million other things that we experience in our daily lives. Parents are working hard to keep their families healthy & happy. Educating students in the midst of a National Health Pandemic is difficult as well. Someday we’ll look back on these times and congratulate ourselves for getting through them. But while we’re in the midst of them some days it’s tough to keep smiles on our faces. Let’s get through this together and stay connected over the course of this school year.
Mr. Bud Smith
Director/ Eagle Academy
Due to the current health emergency, we along with all the EHT schools are in emergency closure. Please check in with the District Webpage occasionaly for updates.
- If your child needs assistance with academic work, please contact the teacher via their email.
- If you have questions or concerns please reach out to me, via my email.
- We hope to continue to publish the weekly newsletter. It should be available each Friday from our website, FB page and Remind app.
Dear Students, Parents and Guardians:
This September Eagle Academy begins its 21st year. Our veteran staff is busy planning activities that will bring opportunities for each student to be successful. We are a unique alternative school utilizing small class-sizes and a hands-on learning environment. In the upcoming school year we will continue to be involved with community service projects, work-skill training sites and enrichment trips.
Embrace- Engage- Educate ! Every Child Everyday !
Our focus this year is to Embrace each student as an individual learner, Engaging them with challenging classes, projects and activities. We are committed to differentiate instruction in order to promote the best possible Education. Parents & care-givers can do their part by making sure their kids are here everyday. If they aren’t here, we can’t teach. Students who average more than 1 absence per month have a higher chance of failing classes and dropping out of school. Let’s work together to make this school year the best yet. Please call or email us!
- Classes begin on Thursday September 5th at 8:45.
- Back to School Night-Thursday September 26 at 6:30
Check out our fb page at https://www.facebook.com/EHTNJEagleAcademy/?modal=admin_todo_tour
We are looking forward to a productive year. You can help by making sure that daily attendance remains a priority throughout the year. Absences and tardiness do not lead to success. Comments and questions are always welcome. Please call us here at 926-1235.
Director of Eagle Academy